Monday, February 25, 2008

My very own blog--WOW!!

Well, My son Wade set up a blogging place for me......Wasn't that WONDERFUL of him?! I've been reading other people's Blogs for a long time now, but I think I'm going to really enjoy having one of my own wherein I can write down my thoughts whenever I get a few minutes extra. My title: "Karen's Two Cents", likely ought to be "Karen's Ninty-Nine Cents" if it truly reflects how many thoughts I will have on different subjects, cause I ususally have TONS of thoughts---rather than just a minimal amount!

I'm supposing that Wade, Kamber, Blaine, Lisa, Jen, Melissa--and sometimes maybe Lance and Brian, will check in from time to time to see what my "two-cents spot" has written in it, but I'm betting my Trent guy never will! :) My dear friend Eva, who lives across the road, would just LOVE to be able to read and write on blogs, because she LOVES keeping up with the 'goings-on' of her loved ones, but she doesn't know how to use a computer yet. She sure loves the pictures and writings that I've shared with her, that OTHERS have sent, and I love to include her in all the fun things that "I" myself get included in!

On this first blog, I will write about the nice Relief Society lesson I was able to give today. I am delighted to get to give lessons in Relief Society again, because it's my favorite place to teach---(everyone is so very attentive and helpful and responsive and QUIET...so it's my most enjoyable setting in which to teach....)

I taught a lesson from a talk given by President Uchtdorf in the Nov. Ensign, called "Have We Not Reason To Rejoice", and it's a beautiful talk about appreciating the times we live in, loving to live the gospel, and enduring to the end. In it he said that when he was a young boy, he thought that "enduring to the end" meant that he had to try harder to stay awake until the end of their church meetings. He has since learned that there's lots more to it than that, so a whole lot of the lesson was dealing on what to do to 'endure to the end'---faithfully. And it was really fun to prepare and to give. I couldn't believe it, but I was so well-prepared that I wasn't even nervous today!

In the way of NEWS....our oldest grandson, Ryan Dennis, is going to have a Monumental Occasion take place this coming Saturday....he's going to be Baptized!! His baptism will take place Saturday morning at 9:30 A.M. in the Shelley Stake Center (the same building where their family goes to church....), and Ryan's dad, Lance, will be the one to baptize him. His Grandma Willyerd will give a talk on 'Baptism', and his Grandma Hone will give a talk on 'The Holy Ghost'. Ryan is pretty excited to get to have this nice event take place.

In the way of OTHER news.....We now have two brand new little Grandsons---Bryson Blaine, born to Blaine and Lisa on Valentine's Day, (in Layton Utah), weighing in at 6 lbs. 10 oz, being19 inches long. And eight days later----Spencer (something) Bishop born to Brian and Kamber on George Wasington's birthday, (in London England), weighing 7 lbs. 13 oz., 21 inches long. The Mamas of both little boys are doing fine and feeling pretty good., and the Daddys are being good helpers. The Grandparents are pretty proud to have these two new little guys in the family---making us now have ELEVEN gandchildren!!

Well, this is a lot of writing for my first time at Blogging on my OWN blog site, so I will bring this to a close, finally, and say goodbye for now. Happy new week ahead to you all.


Love,

Mom

2 comments:

Wade Hone said...

yay! I'm glad this is working for you! glad that you like it, personaly I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say on a regular basis!

I changed the name from 'karens two cents' over to Karen's Korner 66' like we talked about. Also, I put a slide show that is streaming pictures from my flikr site right now.. but by tomorrow, it should be getting pictures from your flikr site I just set up. I'll fill it full of family pictures.

Karen's Korner said...

Wow Wade--Thanks SO MUCH for all you've done for me. I think it's going to be FUN to 'blog', but I'll likely waste more time than EVER on the computer, now! :) And it'll be fun to use that flikr site with pictures when you get it set up.

Oh, and Thanks for explaining about "Karen's Korner" instead of the "two cents" site. Love, Mom